The Groningen Declaration calls for a Standing Secretariat, to serve as organiser and convener of future annual meetings. The secretariat does this in close cooperation with the Executive Committee. In the future, a Steering Committee is foreseen that will monitor and evaluate the activity of the secretariat and of the Executive Committee.
The secretariat is hosted by DUO, the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs, the Education Executive Agency of the Netherlands ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
Current composition of Executive Committee
- Victoriano Giralt Garcia. Systems and Telematic Services Administrator, University of Malaga, Spain; member, SSEDIC EU Experts Network on Electronic Identity
Members, in alphabetical order of last names
- Tom Black. Associate Vice Provost for Student Affairs and University Registrar, Stanford University, California, USA
- Leonard Engel. Executive Director, EAIE – European Association for International Education
- Herman de Leeuw. Ex officio member – secretary, Groningen Declaration Secretariat
- Mike Reilly. Executive Director, AACRAO – American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, Washington, D.C., USA
- Yvonne Shapiro, Director NLRD (National Learners Records Database), SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority), Pretoria, South Africa
- Rick Torres. CEO/President, National Student Clearinghouse, Herndon, Virginia, USA
- Dik van der Wal. Manager, International Services, DUO; head, Netherlands Europass Consortium
- Michael Zhang Zhiyuan. Project Manager for International Promotion, CHESICC – China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center